ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

RFC - Ubuntu-hams net scheduling

At UDS I said I would begin scheduling some nets for ubuntu-hams to meet
on the air. With reminders from Joey, I've finally come up with a
schedule to start with.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHamsNets

This is what I propose, but I am totally open to changing it or adding
to it so that the maximum number of people can benefit. After a day or
so for comments, I'll post it to the wiki and publicize it.

I am prepared to act as net control for the first few nets, but I don't
want to have a dedicated net control - I want for us to share the duty,
and for people to step up and volunteer if no opens the net. I will post
some net procedures and preambles to the wiki before the net this Wed.

I did a little checking with voacap, and the 20m net should be open from
my location to both Europe and Asia. However - my personal experience
with my rig shows that this may not be the usual case. The 80m nets are
going to be confined to the US most of the time due to propagation, but
please give it a shot. These times and frequencies were chosen both for
propagation and my availability. If you would like to establish an
ubuntu-hams net in your part of the world, please go ahead and plan one,
and add it to the wiki page.

I just realized that the first net is actually supposed to be tonight,
in about 3 hours. I'll probably give it a shot, if anyone wants to join
me you are welcome to try.

Steve AI4QR