ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: Xubuntu runs Ubuntu-ham software?

Best to note how to get yourself added to the dialout group on your machine
too, I think.

If you find yourself getting an "Access denied" error when trying to access
"/dev/ttyUSB0", that's when you need to add yourself to the dialout list on
your machine.

Open up a terminal window (ctrl + alt + t), and enter the following:

     sudo groupadd dialout
Hit return, then enter:
     sudo gpasswd -a username dialout
hit return.

You should now be able to access the USB and/or com ports.

Hope the above helps :)

73,

Roger
de