ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: No longer working

On Sat, Jul 4, 2015 at 3:15 PM, Lahra Svare-KT9X <kt9x@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, I should never have tried to run CQRlog again.  My system simply
> will not recognize any tty/usb0 ports or talk to any of my software AGAIN.
> I am going to be starting over and reloading UBUNTU on my system.

Hi Lahra,

I am not an expert in this area, but I must say I really do not have any
idea why CQRLog is giving you so much trouble.  I have in my ham radio
computer Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and I use CQRLog.  I do not use CQRLog to control
my radio, but I do not have any issues with the usb-serial ports (aka
tty/usb0) or with any other software or connected device.

Used also CQRLog with the previous installation of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (yes, I
do prefer to use the LTS versions and only upgrade Ubuntu every 2 years)
and also no problems.

I do hope that you can find the problem with your system.

Francisco
NP3OD