ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Hamlib 3.0.1 released

A new year brings us a new Hamlib release,  Yea!

Okay, it's not that exciting as this is a bug fix release for Hamlib
3.0.  Fortunately, the bugs were minor.

>From the NEWS file:

Version 3.0.1
        2016-01-06
        * Fix kenwood_set_mode for ts590s and mode CW, RTTY or AM.
          TNX Tom, DL1JBE
        * Increase retries for many Kenwood radios. Validate Yaesu newcat
          commands.  TNX Bill, G4WJS

The source tarball and Windows 32 bit binaries can be downloaded from:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/hamlib/files/hamlib/3.0.1/

Of note, the Windows packages are once again built with MS VC++ support
that was skipped in 3.0.  However, this support was asked for and has
been restored.

I am testing the building of Windows 64 bit packages.  At this time
support for the USB backends will be missing until Hamlib is ported to
the newer libusb.  Also, I am unsure if MS VC++ support can be provided
for the 64 bit builds.  I would like to hear from anyone who can advise
how this might be accomplished.

Looking ahead I would like to release Hamlib 3.1 sometime in the first
half of February.

For the Hamlib Group and all of the contributors,

73, Nate, N0NB