From: Randall Ross <randall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Subject: Community Testing of Ubuntu systems
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts" <
loco-contacts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Hi friendly teams,

Tadeáš (in Prague) has brought a community testing program to my attention
and has asked that I help share it with the world. His message follows.

I think this is an awesome example of the community stepping up to get
Ubuntu running on more and more systems. I would appreciate it if you
forward to your respective teams to see if there are other parts of the
world where we can adopt a similar community-driven model.

Thanks and keep up the great work out there! Take Ubuntu everywhere!

Cheers,
Randall.

-------- Original Message --------  Subject: Ubuntu computer
tests/collaboration with producers  From: Tadeáš Pařík
<pariktadeas@xxxxxxxxxx> <pariktadeas@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Randall and team,

first of all, thanks for join me to your LP team!

I would like to inform you about a new activity in the Czech republic in
Europe. Several weeks ago we have contacted some PC producers to test their
products with GNU/Linux, especially with Ubuntu.

ASUS has confirmed this collaboration and we are able to test all their
products with Ubuntu - they have many computers to be sold without OS and
we can test them. Currently we are testing only computers without OS,
computers with WIN are not tested. After successful tests we inform about
it on our Czech Ubuntu blog (e.g. this is the second article from the last
week in Czech - http://blog.ubuntu.cz/clanek/prvni-krucky-ii).

Try to thing if this is possible also in your regions and countries around
the world.

In the Czech republic we have (Vojtěch Trefný and me) a special non-profit
"Civic society for Ubuntu", this is really good - you are able to
communicate very officially and it is a part of normal/standard LoCo team.