ubuntu-java team mailing list archive

Liferay packaging for Debian and Ubuntu

Hi,

I'd like to find out if there is some interest in the Debian und Ubuntu
Java communities to package Liferay Portal. Liferay
<http://www.liferay.com> is a portal server implementing the Java
Portlet Specification JSR-286. It can run in a variety of application
servers like Tomcat and JBoss and it provides additional features
compared to other portlet containers.

Please let me know if are interested in developing and maintaining a
package of liferay. It will certainly be a lot of work - probably too
much for just one maintainer. We would start with packaging it for
Debian/contrib (using Tomcat) and Ubuntu would get it through its
regular sync from Debian.

Cheers,
Torsten

Follow ups