ubuntu-java team mailing list archive

CFP Now Open: Free Java @ FOSDEM 2011

All:

Join us at FOSDEM 2011 to be part of our sessions where
we'll discuss the state of Free Java!

http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2011/Fosdem

  Our theme is "Java Sans Frontières"
    * Why Free Java technology is awesome
    * Standing on the Shoulders of Free Java
    * The future of Free Java

The Call For Participation is OPEN NOW, but closes on the 3rd of December...
So send in a talk proposal today and join us in Brussels 5-6 February!

  Why FOSDEM?
    * Engage in scintillating discussions with smart hackers over
      world famous Belgian Beer
    * Join the Web of Trust by getting your strong new key signed
    * Indulge in exquisite chocolate
    * Visit historic Brussels within walking distance

  Why the Free Java DevJam?
    * This is the most significant non-commercial, neutral
      environment for Java developers to meet
    * Learn how to get involved in technical Free Java projects
    * We will not shy away from politics (especially this year)!
    * We will get together for an awesome dinner
    * You will meet historic hackers in the evolution of Free Java

Please join the freejava-devroom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list for general discussion about

To submit a formal Talk Proposal follow the guidelines at
http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2011/Fosdem/CallForParticipation

Respectfully,

Andrew Haley
  GCJ Maintainer, GNU Classpath, IcedTea & OpenJDK Developer.

Andrew John Hughes
  IcedTea Maintainer, GNU Classpath Maintainer, OpenJDK & GCJ Developer

Christian Thalinger
  OpenJDK developer, former CACAO Maintainer

Mark Wielaard
  GNU Classpath Maintainer, GCJ, IcedTea & OpenJDK contributor.

Tom Marble
  Java Libre hacker, Former OpenJDK Ambassador