ubuntu-l10n-bem team mailing list archive

Re: POSIX locale requirement

On 15/05/2011 2:49 PM, Greg Cunningham wrote:
Hi team

I was reading some of the team aplications for translation recognition. You get there from:

https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu-translations/+addquestion

Put something like "Application for new Bemba translation team" & press continue.

The next page gives you a list of similar questions in the hope that it might answer yours. I came across a point that I missed when I was checking requirements:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/AddingNewLanguage#POSIX

As well as registering the ISO639-2 language identifier, we also have to register the POSIX locale (which will be bem_ZM for Bemba in the Zambia region) with the glibc maintainers.

Have to go now - immutable social diary... Will look at the details this evening. Hey, you might have already done it.

Cheers!
Answered my own question....
http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=blob;f=localedata/locales/bem_ZM;h=edb5cf3bbc6d58a4b1397c57b45ac8698e43fb9f;hb=HEAD

You've already done it.  Congrats.

Anthony, you  may have to review this:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/TeamCoordinatorResponsibilities

I notice that you have a gmail email account. The responsibilities page makes a general statement that a 'stable ' email address is required. I take the inference that 'unstable' email domains are gmail, hotmail, et. al. (In reality, they might consider my domain, crafty.homelinux.net - a dyndns registration, more unstable.)
Cheers!
--
Greg