ubuntu-l10n-bn team mailing list archive

Bengali Translation Sprint for Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise)

[sorry for cross posting]

Dear Bengali translators,

Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) will be a LTS (long term support) release, scheduled
on 26th April. Usually, Canonical renders 3 years support for LTS version's
of Ubuntu.

We all know Ubuntu comes in Bengali language along with many other.
Unfortunately, Bengali was not fully localised language for 11.10 official
release. Languages without 80% translations are not official. Currently the
Bengali localization is staying on 74% (may vary, cause individuals
continuously translating through launchpad).

Ankur[0] have been translating Ubuntu along with lots of other open source
projects, but still we cannot achieve the percentage to be an official
language of Ubuntu 12.04. We are running just couple of thousands strings
behind. An effort from a group of 10 for an entire day would boost our
effort and Bengali will achieve the 80% milestone. Let us push the Bengali
translation to reach the 80% milestone to make our Language included with
the Ubuntu 12.04 official release.

To accomplish this Ankur is going to arrange a day long "Translation Sprint
for Ubuntu 12.04 (precise)" on 16th March, 2012. To participate, you have
to fill this (http://bit.ly/AnkurSprinter10) form. Due to limited seating
capacity in Ankur's office, the Ankur localization team will choose a group
of 10 participants from the applicants.

Participants will be get gifts from Ankur.

1. A polo T-Shirt
2. A Cap
3. A Mug
4. A certificate of participation

(Participants from outside of Dhaka will be given Travel assistance).

So, hurry up make yourself one of the "Sprinter 10"

[0] http://www.ankur.org.bd

regards
mak_

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-bn