ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 794907] Re: translated package descriptions in aptcache get reset on dbus activation
I still have this problem, even with apt 0.8.14.1ubuntu7. I am using
natty with oem-config as the first boot experience. In software center,
app names and descriptions are not translated. I originally made a bug
against software center (bug 777990). I now think that bug is a dup of
I tested with apt 0.8.14.1ubuntu7 in a vm to see if that would fix it, and it does not. The image has all Chinese/Simplified lang packs pre-installed ('check-language-supprt -l zh-hans' returns no missing pkgs). Here's my test sequence.
* boot for the first time:
- first page of oem-config displays in tty7
- switch to tty 6
- kill oem-config (sudo killall oem-config)
- scp apt deb and its unsatified depends debs (gcc-4.6-base_4.6.0-13ubuntu1_i386.deb libstdc++6_4.6.0-13ubuntu1_i386.deb apt_0.8.14.1ubuntu7_i386.deb)
- install them with sudo dpkg
* complete oem-config with Chinese/Simplifed as the language selection.
* software-center apps and descriptions not translated
* run 'sudo update-software-center'
* software-center apps and descriptions ARE translated
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
German Translators (Community-Team), which is subscribed to the bug
translated package descriptions in aptcache get reset on dbus
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
Status in “apt” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “aptdaemon” package in Ubuntu:
Status in “apt” source package in Maverick:
Status in “aptdaemon” source package in Maverick:
Status in “apt” source package in Natty:
Status in “aptdaemon” source package in Natty:
Status in “apt” source package in Oneiric:
Status in “aptdaemon” source package in Oneiric:
Binary package hint: aptdaemon
When aptdaemon is activated over dbus it does not get any language
information anymore in natty. This means that if aptdaemon needs to
rebuild the aptcache (which happens on almost each start, but that
seems to be a different bug) it will throw away all ddtp translations
when the cache is build because its running with LANG/LANGUAGE unset.
This means that no ddtp translations are displayed in software-center
or other apps.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: