ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1084026] [NEW] Translation of DDTP completely impossible
You have been subscribed to a public bug by Hendrik Knackstedt (hennekn):
It is completely impossible for translators to finish translation of
DDTP for several reasons:
- Search function not working at all, because of Launchpad-OOPS errors (Bug 869824). This bug has been marked "Critical" but hasn't been fixed for more than a year
- Confirming suggestions is difficult (same Bug as first)
- Existing translations become suggestions (Bug 1084021)
- Nightmonkey not working (Bug 869824)
- No Upstream-Sync with Debian/duplicate affort (Bug 371889). This has been reported more than 3 years ago and there is still no noticeable progress.
It is important to get these things fixed in order for translators to be
able to translate the huge amount of package descriptions. Especially
for new non-English speaking users translations of these descriptions
are necessary to understand what they are installing.
There is also a high visibility of these strings through Ubuntu Software
Center but without the use of nightmonkey and the search function it is
impossible to find the strings that are shown in USC.
** Affects: ddtp-ubuntu
** Affects: ubuntu-translations
Translation of DDTP completely impossible
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu German Translators (Community-Team), which is subscribed to the bug report.