ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 1084026] Re: Translation of DDTP completely impossible
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 869824 ***
** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 869824
Doing a search in the ddtp-ubuntu project's translations templates times out
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
German Translators (Community-Team), which is subscribed to the bug
Translation of DDTP completely impossible
Status in Package Descriptions for Ubuntu (to make translation easy):
Status in Ubuntu Translations:
It is completely impossible for translators to finish translation of
DDTP for several reasons:
- Search function not working at all, because of Launchpad-OOPS errors (Bug 869824). This bug has been marked "Critical" but hasn't been fixed for more than a year
- Confirming suggestions is difficult (same Bug as first)
- Existing translations become suggestions (Bug 1084021)
- Nightmonkey not working (Bug 869824)
- No Upstream-Sync with Debian/duplicate affort (Bug 371889). This has been reported more than 3 years ago and there is still no noticeable progress.
It is important to get these things fixed in order for translators to
be able to translate the huge amount of package descriptions.
Especially for new non-English speaking users translations of these
descriptions are necessary to understand what they are installing.
There is also a high visibility of these strings through Ubuntu
Software Center but without the use of nightmonkey and the search
function it is impossible to find the strings that are shown in USC.
To manage notifications about this bug go to: