ubuntu-l10n-hi team mailing list archive

Guidelines

Hello and नमस्कार.
 In order to maintain consistency and for quality control purposes, I
suggest we setup guidelines  for translation. We need to ensure that
the 'tone' and style remains the same throughout. Also, certain terms
such as 'Version', 'Edition', 'Release' etc. need clarification as
there are no  exact Hindi counterparts.  With regard to style, IMHO we
need to set a standardized style as Hindi is not spoken in the same
way throughout India. Eg. Hyderabadi Hindi (which I speak) sounds like
complete gibbersh to people used to other variants.

I am looking forward to hearing from all you guys.

-Anmol Sarma

P.S. @Gaurav. Poedit is hosted at poedit.net not poedit.org. Please
correct it in the Launchpad homepage. Also, you might consider adding
the option of using Rosetta since it lets translators worry about only
translators without having to know anything about a CVS or upstream
acceptance

Follow ups