ubuntu-l10n-km team mailing list archive

Hello, everyone on Khmer Localization Team...

Hi, I'm Chan and I just joined the group. Let me know if you receive
this email. I send this through the Lunchpad. I join the group to see if
I could help with translation and make some correction. When I used
OpenSUSE, I like the translation. But OpenSUSE is useless if it does not
support support video and audio. Ubuntu is great. I installed and it
worked on my computer but Ubuntu needs more Khmer translations. That's
why I joined the team.

As I looked true the translation, I found that names always translated
differently, even Ubuntu. The pronunciation of Ubuntu is  |oǒ'boǒntoō|.
Also one should check the translation guide to make sure that we do not
translate programming itself like this:

English: <Tab> moves; <Space> selects; <Enter> activates buttons
Type: text Description Help line displayed at the bottom of the cdebconf
newt interface. Translators: must fit within 80 characters. :sl1:
Khmer: <ថេប> ផ្លាស់ទី; <ដកឃ្លា> ជ្រើសរើស; <ចុះបន្ទាត់> ចុចប៊ូតុង
The above translation is wrong and Ubuntu will have a bug.

Right:< Tab> ផ្លាស់ទី; <Space> ជ្រើសរើស; <Enter> ចុចប៊ូតុង

So don't translate stuffs inside <>, or {}.

Any, it's nice to meet you all.

The Best,

Chan
--