← Back to team overview

ubuntu-manual-bugs team mailing list archive

[Bug 1074929] Re: Changes in glossary lead to a pdf generation fatal error


Running "make clean" will also clear out the cached files. I tend to run
"make clean; make ubuntu-manual-fr.pdf" when I've made a bunch of edits.
This clears the cached files and regenerates the PDF from scratch.

You should also not translate the \gls and \glspl parameters. They
should stay in English.  The first argument to the \newglossaryentry
command should also be in English.

(In practice, this may not matter as long as both the \gls/\glspl and
\newglossaryentry parameters match, but I'm not sure if XeLaTeX can
accept words with accents and non-ASCII characters there.)

You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Manual Bugs, which is subscribed to Ubuntu Manual.

  Changes in glossary lead to a pdf generation fatal error

Status in Ubuntu Manual:

Bug description:

  We encountered some surprising errors when changing glossary entries
  in the French translations. I explain here because I think it may be a

  We changed a glossary entry from "Port Ethernet" to "port Ethernet"
  (so just from uppercase to lowercase), then changed the only
  translation referencing it from \gls{Port Ethernet} to \gls{port

  The .po was downloaded, add "make" produced this error:
           "! Package glossaries Error: Glossary entry `Port Ethernet' has not been defined"
  We could not find out why, there was nowhere else that this spelling was used

  After a few examples like this, I finally found out the cause: when
  generating the manual, the file ubuntu-manual-fr.gls still contains
  the old syntax. I suspected that this file was used as a cache, and
  was not deleted at the beginning of the make. So I deleted it

  The result is now good, the .gls file was recreated by the make, and the pdf is ok.
  So no urgency, I just wanted to signal this because some other translators may encounter this problem.

  Best regards.

To manage notifications about this bug go to: