[Blueprint chapter2] Chapter 2 - Around your desktop

Blueprint changed by Tom Cantara:

Whiteboard changed:
- A more detailed outline of what this chapter will encompass:
-
-  - Understanding the desktop
-    - The desktop
-    - The top panel
-    - The notification area
-    - The bottom panel
-    - Managing windows
-      - Closing windows
-      - Minimizing, restoring, and maximizing
-      - Moving and resizing
-    - Switching between tasks
-    - Getting help
-  - Using the Applications menu
-    - Accessories
-    - Applications
-  - Browsing files on your computer
-    - Understanding Places
-    - Your Home folder
-    - The Ubuntu file system
-    - Using the file browser
-      - Understanding parts of the file browser
-      - Opening files
-      - Copying and moving files and folders
-      - Navigating between directories
-      - Creating new folders
-      - Using multiple tabs and multiple file browser windows
-    - Searching your computer for files
-    - The Trash folder
-  - Controlling your system
-    - Using the System menu
-    - Logging out, rebooting, and shutting down
-  - Customizing your desktop [currently assigned to Wendy]
-    - Appearance
-    - Windows
-    - Screensaver
-  - Accessibility [currently assigned to Wendy]
-    - Assistive technologies
-
- This, of course, means that I'll be basically re-writing the whole
- chapter from scratch...but it'll be worth it to ensure that there's
- enough info for new users.
+ All sections of Chapter 2 are prepared.  Further editing expected as we
+ go from Alpha to Beta.

--
Chapter 2 - Around your desktop
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/+spec/chapter2