Re: Fonts to be used

Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 22:14 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/Artwork?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=font_test_sans_converted.pdf
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/Artwork?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=font_test_serif_converted.pdf
>
> Kevin Godby and I went through the fonts. We looked at individual letter
> forms, kerning, glyph coverage and style (not too stiff, but not funky,
> either). We settled on Biolinum (sans 4) and Libertine (serif 5). 2nd
> choices might have been Charis SIL and Gillius ADF No2.

What specific licenses cover such fonts ? It will be important when
releasing the manual for free distribution to have freely-licensed fonts
and make this licensing clear, while providing direct links to the
appropriate files/packages so the manual toolchain remains free too.

Cheers,

--
Fabián Rodríguez
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/MagicFab