Re: Current state of the title page

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 10:37 +1300, Benjamin Humphrey wrote:

> What's the second edition for?

We discussed that a while ago and it's in the spec: The initial release
version (1.0) will not have that string. If a need arises to release an
edited version during the Lucid cycle (1.1), it will be called a "Second
Edition". To be continued with Third, Fourth ...

This way we avoid an unnecessary detail on the first release version and
have a non-technical and very direct way of labeling "small" follow-up
releases.

> Wait until the end of this week before making any more changes, there
> is going to be a big announcement soon from Canonical about Ubuntu
> branding and they've said to not make any decisions till
> that announcement is made.

0.o OK.

--
Thorsten Wilms