Re: [UCLP] Content pool, and Meeting

Resending with learning and manual lists included (oops ;)

cheers

On 07/07/2010 02:11 PM, Kyle Nitzsche wrote:
Hi All:

Hi all,

If I were considering a common format pool for various downstream users,
I would want to be explicit about the following:
   * the key users are identified as stakeholders (individuals who
represent the teams that consume the content)
   * stakeholders have an "official" methodology of governance of the
common pool
   * stakeholder have identified their list of requirements
   * requirements include output formats, localization, scheduling
(string freeze, translation)
   * there's a clear release management owner and process
   * a sufficiently rich tool chain must exist (proven/tested) for
converting the common pool source format to the required delivery formats
   * common pool can be localized (text and images)
   * localization only needs to be done once (at the common pool level.
Downstream users can ADD content while re-using existing localized content)
   * common pool has methodology for commit control (who can commit, and
how do others participate)
   * common pool uses bzr and exists as an LP project with translations
restricted to Ubuntu Translators
   * community portals are identified and used (email list, LP project,
LP team, other)

(I'd also want to specify that development of the common pool should be
done *in* the common pool, not done elsewhere (downstream) and then
imported (upstreamed) into it.)

So, I wonder:

What are the (current) required delivery formats by stakeholders. My
guesses:
   * ubuntu-docs: mallard, xhtml, others?
   * ubuntu-manual: xhtml, pdf, others?

What source format(s) and toolchain(s) supports these proposed requirements?

Cheers,
Kyle