Re: [Fwd: Re: This is not a coup]

This seems like a really good idea. Being the project manager for something
like UMP is almost a full time job. Because we such a large team with
everyone dotted around the place and working on different things, it's hard
to keep track and to motivate and assign people to tasks to make sure
everything gets done.

Not to mention the fact that the project is spawning new projects like
Quickshot, the website work, the personas and of course the new Ubuntu
Support and Learning Center, it's a mission to coordinate everything for a
release every six months while making sure we stick to our original vision,
as well as recruiting new members and keeping the project interesting and
fresh.

It's clear to myself and I think everyone that this cycle I have been far
too busy to put in as much effort as I would like, and I feel really guilty
for letting it get to this stage. In NZ, the university calender is
basically:

Starts in late February, ends in late October / early November.

We get most of November, December, January and most of February off over our
summer, almost 4 months. This break coincides nicely with the .04 release,
as most of the cycle is during my free time - hence why I could put in so
much work during the Lucid cycle.

Unfortunately, the .10 cycle takes place in the middle of the Uni year, so
I'm pretty busy.

Long story short: I'd love to be the release/project manager for all of the
.04 cycles, but I think we need someone else during the .10 cycles because
as this Maverick cycle has proven, I am just far too busy and the project
needs leadership to function.

My last exam is on October 21 (finish really early this year which is good)
and after that I will be dedicating a lot of time till February on the
manual so we can finally get this support and learning center concept off
the ground and into reality. Till then, I'm basically out of action.

I'd still like to be the overall project lead, and release manager for
Natty. :)

Thanks for suggesting this idea Josh, hopefully we can find someone really
good to take care of the project release during the 11.10 cycle next year.