Re: Releasing manuals less often, ditching translations

Continuing on from what Kevin said, i also agree that releasing less often
is not going to help at all, i just think we should not do any more "second
editions" which was one thing that set the maverick editing way back as well
as many of the translators who are still busy translating e2.

The other thing is, Tex Live is only required if you need to build the
manual into a pdf, why don't we just get the people who want to hack on a
paragraph to download the pdf from a daily build PPA, check it, modify the
code and text in trunk, then push to launchpad.

This cuts out the biggest hurdle, downloading and installing Tex Live.

So in conclusion, i don't think we should release less often, we should just
work to improve our workflow and the workflow of new contributors whether
they be authors, editors or translators. Also i do remember that Ilya was
around a lot during the lucid cycle sort of being an editor in chief, but
since then we haven't had anyone doing that.

Ryan Macnish