From: "c7p" <c7p.admin@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ubuntu manual" <ubuntu-manual@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 4, 2011 12:08:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-manual] Linux alternative apps page(s)

Hello everyone,

there is an issue with the license of the linux alternative apps. Well, since we are an open-source project and part of linux open source community i think we would better add only open source software and preferably free software and NOT proprietary software.
For example picasa, skype, lotus office , Adobe Acrobat Reader are proprietary. For me picasa, lotus office, Adobe Acrobat Reader can't provide me more than open source alternative apps can do. I don't use VoIP so i don't know if Skype is irreplaceable.

What do you think ?

--John