Re: Author's names

Hi,

On 16 Jun 2011, at 08:25, Hannie <lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are we removing author's names from individual sections, and instead have a list of past and recent contributors?

That is a very good question.  I don't have an official answer, but I feel that we should, if only to give credit to all generally and not necessarily to specific people who write it, because this time even though we have assigned people to author and edit, people may change chapters that aren't "theirs".  We must not forget the massive restructuring/editing/proofreading stage either, to which many people contribute - if we listed all of those (or if they listed themselves and it felt rude to remove them as they contributed a decent amount, for instance), then imagine how long the list would get per chapter!

I can, however, see the other side of the coin: people who have worked substantially on a chapter may want recognition for that chapter in the chapter itself.  Going back to my earlier point, though, why not split the "contributors" section at the end of the manual (once all the [possibly more] helpful content is out of the way) into authors/*main* editors for each chapter, plus the rest?

To reiterate, I do think that having a list of contributors at the back of the manual and nothing actually in the chapters re: authors is a good thing, but, see my last paragraph above.  :-)

Thanks,

Isabell.