Re: [Ubuntu Manual] Help Sessions for new contributors

On 04/27/2012 08:13 PM, John wrote:
Hello guys,

we thought that a help session would be ideal for new contributors.

For authors specifically, i 've sent a mail to the mailing list almost a week before, which tries to help authors to get started and contains general information about how we work and collaborate. [1]

[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/msg02979.html

12.04 is out, so you can start from installing either on your physical or on a virtual machine and start " "playing" with it. Then take a look on the mail that i told you above and try to get started.

This weekend we will hold helping sessions on our irc channel, #ubuntu-manual on freenode.net -let me know if you need more info on how to get connected-.

The goal of this sessions we'll be to help new authors and contributors, by answering their questions, solve potential problems with TexLive setup or bzr etc.

Unfortunately i didn't have time to contact all project members, so if you were author, editor on a previous release of the manual and you can help on sessions, please try to be on channel, and send a mail to the list with the times that you are available so other members can know it.

I'm not sure if i'll be able to help in this weekend sessions, but Hannie and Kevin would be probably available on the channel.

Hannie will be on the channel around: 15:00-17:00 GMT/UTC time (both Saturday and Sunday) Kevin will be on channel around: 20:00-0:00 GMT/UTC (both Saturday and Sunday)

@Hannie, Kevin: If i messed up the times please send a mail to the list.

Let me know what you think !

Thank you for your time, Best wishes for the 12.04 manual !

--John

c7p @ #ubuntu-manual

I'll be available on the channel today from 14:30 to 18:30 GMT/UTC time