Re: tex live installation

On 10 May 2012 11:17, Wayne Roberts <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> "Add /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/man to MANPATH, if not
> dynamically determined.
>  Add /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/info to INFOPATH."
>
> but i dont a clue on how to do this!!
> Can somebody please tell me?

edit ~/.profile and add them to the existing variables...

vi ~/.profile

add the lines below to the end of the file:

export INFOPATH=${INFOPATH}:/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/info
export MANPATH=${MANPATH}:/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/man

there should also be a note to add the installation location to PATH.
Depending on where you installed the software, you'll want to do
something like:

export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/bin

The /usr/local/bin bit might be different on your system - like I said
it depends on where you installed the software to.

--
Steve