Re: texlive PPA

Hello, Jeremy.

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jbicha@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, texlive 2012 pre-release is now available for Debian wheezy and
> Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha "Quantal Quetzal". I have backported texlive from
> quantal to a PPA for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS users.

Excellent work!

> I don't want to upset your workflow especially as you have a deadline
> soon, but this is probably worth someone checking out to see if it
> meets your needs.
>
> https://launchpad.net/~texlive-backports/+archive/ppa

I ran the install-pkgs.sh script on a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04
and installed packages from your PPA until all the checks passed.
Then I ran 'make' to build the manual and it appears that everything
worked okay.

The list of Ubuntu packages that need to be installed to satisfy all
the manual's TeX Live package dependencies are:

 * latex-color
 * texlive-base
 * texlive-fonts-extra
 * texlive-lang-arabic
 * texlive-latex-base
 * texlive-latex-extra
 * texlive-latex-recommended
 * texlive-pictures
 * texlive-science
 * texlive-xetex
 * tipa

In addition, the following Ubuntu packages are required to build the manual:

 * python-enchant
 * inkscape
 * make
 * po4a
 * ttf-kacst
 * ttf-arabeyes
 * ttf-bengali-fonts
 * ttf-devanagari-fonts
 * ttf-telugu-fonts
 * ttf-thai-arundina
 * ttf-thai-tlwg
 * ttf-linux-libertine
 * ttf-dejavu
 * ttf-dejavu-core
 * ttf-dejavu-extra
 * ttf-sil-scheherazade
 * ttf-farsiweb
 * ttf-sazanami-mincho

If anyone else wants to try it out, install all the above packages
(i.e., both lists) and then run 'make' and see what blows up. Please
let me know if you encounter any problems or notice any
inconsistencies.

Thanks!

--Kevin