[Ubuntu Manual] 12.10 series schedule and training sessions

Hello all,

in order to help new authors and editors to get started, some training
sessions would be held this and the the coming week.

This session would help new contributors to

* resolve any setup issue
* understand how we share our work through bzr (basic commands)
* understand the hierarchy of the branch
* show basics of LaTeX according to style guide
* show them how to build the manual and solve any

These sessions would take place on our irc channel #ubuntu-manual , on
freenode.net.
There are several guides on the net, how to connect to an irc channel. If
you can't connect, simply use http://webchat.freenode.net/

All authors and editors of the 12.04 series have all the knowledge to help
newcomers in these sessions.
I request from all authors and editors of the previous series to spare some
time on these sessions, helping new members.

Sessions will be schedule by individuals, so in this way all new
contributors can attend at least one session.
New authors/editors should reply to this message, and inform other members
when they can attend a session
in order to be scheduled that time and day, in conjunction with another
experienced member.

--
Proposed schedule

Authoring phase (now – 17 Sep):
* Changes to the second edition of Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.04
should be incorporated
* Authors update and write new content
* Draft screenshots are put in place
* First draft is released at the end of this phase

Editing phase (17 Sep – 1 Oct):
* Editors copy-edit and proofread the content
* Second draft is released at the end of this phase

Indexing phase (1 Oct – 8 Oct):
* Final screenshots are put in place
* The manual is indexed
* Glossary entries are edited and linked
* Public draft is released at the end of this phase

Public comments phase (8 Oct – 15 Oct):
* Comments and edits from the public are received and incorporated
into the manual
* Final draft is released at the end of this phase

Release phase (15 Oct – 18 Oct):
* The manual is prepared for release
* The manual is released at the end of this phase

 The series schedule that has been proposed is the above. If you have any
objection we can alter it.
Take into consideration the Ubuntu 12.10 release schedule
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QuantalQuetzal/ReleaseSchedule

Thank you for your time !

--John

Follow ups