Re: Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.10 is now available!

On 10/17/2012 09:08 AM, Kevin Godby wrote:
Hello, everyone.

Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.10 has been published ahead of
schedule!  You can download a copy of the new manual from our website
at <http://ubuntu-manual.org/> or purchase a printed copy via
<http://ubuntu-manual.org/buy/gswu1210/en_US>.  The manual has been
submitted to the Ubuntu Software Center and should appear there soon.

Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.10 is a comprehensive beginner's guide
designed for the Ubuntu operating system. It is written under an
open-source license and is free for you to download, read, modify, and
share.

This manual will help you become familiar with everyday tasks such as
surfing the web, listening to music, and scanning documents. With an
emphasis on easy-to-follow instructions, it is suitable for all levels
of experience.

We welcome reader feedback at <feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.  Getting
Started with Ubuntu 12.04 is created by a team of volunteer authors
and editors.  If you'd like to join the team and help produce the next
version of the manual, you can find more information at
<http://ubuntu-manual.org/getinvolved>.

--Kevin Godby