Status of translations

Hello, everyone.

I'm impressed by the number and quality of translations that we've had
recently for Getting Started with Ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10.

I apologize for the slow responses from me lately; I'm trying to get
caught up on all of them now that we've released Getting Started with
Ubuntu 12.10.

One problem I'm encountering with the translated editions is that
there seems to be a bug that is causing problems with the index.  (The
LaTeX package that handles the index and the LaTeX package that
handles the hyperlinks seem to be having a disagreement.)  I'm working
on solving this problem now. Once I've sorted out a solution, I can
finish reviewing the translations and start publishing them.

Again, I apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience.

Also, thanks for all of your hard work on translating the manuals!

--Kevin Godby