Re: Assistance pls

Hello, Mehmet.

On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Mehmet Kani <m.kani@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Pulled, made changes etc and pushed back.
>
> Within the Bazzar GUI I have the below message.
>
> Branch has changes not present in its submit branch.
>

> Modified (1)
>
> working-with-ubuntu/office-apps.tex
>

> ________________________________
>

> What's next?
>
> Open submit branch and merge these changes
>

> Any assistance is appreciated as to the meaning and solution.

I'm not familiar with the Bazaar GUI, so I can't help you there.

What I think has happened is that someone else has pushed changes to
the bzr branch after you pulled the branch but before you committed
and pushed your changes.

The best way to fix this from the command line is the following sequence:

$ cd /path/to/ubuntu-manual/branch
$ bzr uncommit

This will ask if you're sure you want to uncommit your changes.
Uncommitting your changes will leave your edits in the files on your
computer but you will have to recommit them again in a moment.

Next, we'll pull the branch to get the latest updates:

$ bzr pull

Hopefully there were no merge conflicts.  Assuming there were no
errors, we can now recommit your changes and push them. You can do
this using the Bazaar GUI as before if you prefer. Using the command
line, you'd type the following:

$ bzr commit yourfile.tex -m "A message describing the changes you made."
$ bzr push

If you encounter further problems, please let us know.

Thanks!

—Kevin