Re: No version number

It is my opinion that both authors and editors should be looking out for
this occurrence. Authors are really the first line of defense--as they
determine if inclusion of a "13.10" reference is applicable in the section
they are authoring, and if they choose to leave a reference to "Ubuntu
13.10" in place, then the editor(s) and author(s) of a given section can
discuss and debate its inclusion. I would suspect this would resolve 98% of
the issues.

Then, maybe during the indexing or final proofing, those responsible for
the pre-release tasks can use their editor and globally search the .tex
files for the string "13.". If he/she/they deem it unnecessary in
context--for example, a 13.10 reference occurs where a reference to another
version does not exist--then it can be deleted.

Hannie raises a great question, and as I stated earlier, I believe using
the rev number should be very, very sparingly used, but like Kevin said,
there may be a valid reason to use it. Therefore, I'd prefer to see the
author<->editor<->final-proof process execute to resolve these
issues...rather than blasting all 13.x references.

Others?
--Jim