Re: Ubuntu Manual Website

Thomas,

To utilize a Creative Commons license to the fullest extent, the material
in question has to be copyrighted. According to the website, all of the
Ubuntu Manual content is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution
Share-Alike license.

*"This license lets others remix, tweak, and build upon your work even for
commercial purposes, as long as they credit you and license their new
creations under the identical terms. This license is often compared to
“copyleft” free and open source software licenses. All new works based on
yours will carry the same license, so any derivatives will also allow
commercial use. This is the license used by Wikipedia, and is recommended
for materials that would benefit from incorporating content from Wikipedia
and similarly licensed projects. View License
Deed<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0>
 | View Legal Code <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/legalcode>
"*
*
*
According to the information available on the website, it looks like the
license permits use as long as the original source is credited and the new
creation is licensed under the identical terms and license.
*
*