Re: Some errors I found in Ubuntu manual

Hi Jose,

I'm currently working on the Spanish translation of the Ubuntu manual
and I found what I think it could errors in the original text. So I
include the ones I found so far for you consideration, as I'm not sure
what should be done after the manual has been released:

  * /To move a window around the workspace, place the mouse pointer over
    the window's title bar, then click and drag the window while
    continuing to hold down the left mouse button. You can also move a
    window by holding the>>\keystroke{Alt} key and then clicking and
    holding the left mouse button while pointing at the *>>title bar<<*
    of the window and dragging the window<< to a new location. To resize
    a window, place the pointer on an edge or corner of the window so
    that the pointer turns into a larger, two-sided arrow (known as the
    resize icon). You can then click and drag to resize the window/

 >>There is no need to point to the tilte bar. If you press Alt key, any
place in the window will do it.<<

Bug already reported and fixed in trusty (but you can fix it in the Spanish version of saucy) See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/+bug/1243556

  * [toolbar] On the right side of the toolbar, there are five buttons:
    \button{Search} (represented by a magnifying glass), \button{View
    items as a grid}, \button{View items as a list}, \button{View
    options} (represented by a down arrow), and \button{Location
    options} (represented by a cog); clicking on the \button{Search}
    icon opens a field so you can search for a file or folder by name.
    Clicking on the options buttons \button{Location options} or
    \button{View options} opens a menu with options. On the left side of
    the toolbar, you will see a representation of your current browsing.
    This is similar to the history function in most web browsers; it
    keeps track of where you are and allows you to backtrack if
    necessary. You can click on any of the locations to navigate back
    through the file browser. The buttons \button{Previous location} and
    *>>{Next location}<<* allow you to navigate through previously
    visited locations.

 >>It should be "\button{Next location}".<<

  You're right, it's a bug, needs to be reported :-)

  * After moving the files into the Ubuntu One synced folder, you should
    receive a notification informing you that syncing has begun. When
    syncing completes, *>>the<<* another notice will appear stating that
    the syncing has completed.

 >>I think it should be "When syncing completes, another notice..."
(though as I'm not an English native speaker, I could be wrong).<<

Reported and fixed in trusty: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/+bug/1243303

  * Ubuntu One is a service for storing your files online in your Ubuntu
    One \emph{Personal Cloud}. Your Ubuntu One Personal Cloud is your
    personal online storage space, and it can be accessed in any web
    browser or using an Ubuntu One application (available for Ubuntu,
    Mac \acronym{OS~X}, Windows, iPhone, and Android). Because Ubuntu
    One stores your files online, it's the perfect way to backup your
    files to prevent data loss. You can also use Ubuntu One to share
    files with other people\dash this makes Ubuntu One a great tool for
    friends, families, and collaborative teams. Ubuntu One also provides
    services for backing up*>>your contacts<<* and streaming music to
    mobile devices. The Ubuntu One service is provided by \gls{Canonical}.

 >>Are the contacts still being synchronized with Ubuntu One? In some
other parts of the manual reference to contact synchronization has been
removed and only music streaming was left.<<

  I don't know.

  * The keyboard is likely to be one of the main ways that you interact
    with your computer. Unfortunately not all keyboards are uniform in
    design; they can differ by country, by language or appearance. In
    Ubuntu 13.10, the default language set for the keyboard now appears
    as anapplet menu *>>right next to the Network Manager<<* icon.

 >>In my installation Ubuntu One icon is between both icons. I think
this could lead to confusion.<<

  Same in my virtual machine.

  * The Ubuntu Software Center can be used to install applications
    available in the official Ubuntu repositories. The Ubuntu Software
    Center window has *>>four<<* sections\dash a list of categories on
    the left, a banner at the top, a ``What's New'' panel below the top
    banner, then a ``Recommended For You'' panel, and finally a ``Top
    Rated'' panel at the bottom.

 >>The four sections of the 13.04 manual became five in this release.<<

  Right!!!

  Greetings,

        - Sylvie