Getting Started with Ubuntu 14.04

Hello, everyone.

It's that time again! We need to start updating the manual for Ubuntu
14.04. Since Ubuntu 14.04 will be a long-term support (LTS) release,
we'll want to do an especially good job this time!

I've included the proposed release schedule below. Please let me know
if you have any suggestions or changes.

If you haven't already, please sign up as an author or edit in our
spreadsheet: <http://goo.gl/9Cjbbk>.

Thanks once again for all your help with the Ubuntu Manual. I look
forward to working with everyone again!

Important Ubuntu 14.04 milestones

20 February - Feature freeze
13 March - UI freeze
20 March - Documentation string freeze
27 March -- Final beta
17 April - Ubuntu 14.04 released

Proposed release schedule for Getting Started with Ubuntu 14.04

Authoring phase (now - 17 Mar):
* Authors update and write new content
* Draft screenshots are put in place
* First draft is released at the end of this phase

Editing phase (17 Mar - 31 Mar):
* Editors copy-edit and proofread the content
* Second draft is released at the end of this phase

Indexing phase (31 Mar - 7 Apr):
* Final screenshots are put in place
* The manual is indexed
* Glossary entries are edited and linked
* Public draft is released at the end of this phase

Public comments phase (7 Apr - 14 Apr):
* Comments and edits from the public are received and incorporated
into the manual
* Final draft is released at the end of this phase

Release phase (14 Apr - 17 Apr):
* The manual is prepared for release
* The manual is released at the end of this phase

--Kevin Godby