A suggestion for the upcoming cycles (14.04.1 and 14.10)

Hi everyone,

I'll admit that I'm guilty of letting my section slide a bit this past
cycle. Luckily enough, it's a section that doesn't change very much.
I bit off more than I could chew, and time flew by faster than I
expected.

That being said, I'd like to make a suggestion for the upcoming cycles.
The suggestion is to have bi-weekly status updates starting at the
beginning of the cycle. Mainly something along the lines of
"These sections are being actively worked on."
"These sections haven't been worked on in the past two weeks."
"These are the sections that are still available to be worked on."
And more importantly "Here's where we are in the schedule, and here's
the amount of time until the next milestone."  (I could have used the
last one, because I kept thinking "Oh I've got plenty of time." and the
next thing I knew, Hannie was emailing us about the end of the author
phase.)

You could also put a note in saying something along the lines of "If
you've completed your section, and have a bit of free time, please take
a look at one of the available sections."

Along these lines, we might want to get a bit more detailed in the
milestones and/or emails. Something like by week 2 or 3, you should have
the components installed and working, and have downloaded the
branch(es). By weeks 4 or 5, you should have started looking at your
sections, and made minor changes (fixing obvious errors, removing things
that we know won't be there anymore, etc). And so on, and so on.

Have a great day.:)