Status 14.04

To all members of UMP,
I will start keeping you informed about the status of the Trusty version of our manual until it is ready for publishing. Kevin and I have made a few changes already, but it would be really nice if ALL OF US contribute by starting to proofread the current ubuntu-manual.pdf (trusty). Please help us to finish it as soon as possible. It will not take too much of your time, since there are no big changes between 13.10 and 14.04. If your knowledge of how things work has become a bit rusty (like mine did :( ), I suggest you read our style guide [1]. Kevin has added some very useful information on how to download and make the pdf file. You can read here how to commit and push to the branch. If you encounter a problem, do not hesitate to contact us via the mailing list.

Have a look at our shared spreadsheet, sheet Trusty, on google docs [2]. Add your name to the chapter/section you want to proofread. When done, mention it in the column "Editors status". As soon as the status of each chapter/section is green we are ready to publish this LTS version.

Thanks in advance for helping us to make the manual Trusty available to users all over the world.

Hannie

[1] http://files.ubuntu-manual.org/style-guide.pdf
[2] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApS28NMLnYJXdEdGQjRtUWtaOUZxREVzUldSOU5kc2c#gid=4