Re: The next step

Hannie Dumoleyn    LTS only

Op 19-10-14 om 18:02 schreef Hannie Dumoleyn:
To all,
After the previous discussion "where do we go from here?" I think we can conclude that we now have enough active members to continue with the Ubuntu Manual Project. Thanks to all of you who are willing to continue or start to contribute. The next question is: will we continue to publish all versions, or only LTS. I want to bring this to a vote. Below [1] you find a list of all the active members we have at this moment. If you see your name on this list, please vote for either all versions or LTS only. Of course, if your name is not on the list you may vote too, but then we expect you to be an active member. Some of you have already responded on this subject, but it would be better if each one of you sends his/her vote to our list like this:
Name    LTS only    Comment (optional)
or
Name    all versions    Comment (optional)

Depending on the result, we will have to adjust our shared spreadsheet (see my previous comment on this). I also want to suggest that, in the future, we have one person - author/editor - responsible for a chapter or section(s). We will not have enough contributors to let each chapter/section have both an author and an editor.

Below [2] you find some of my thoughts on what to do if we opt for LTS only. Please feel free to add your comment.

Hannie

[1]
Sylvie Gallet
Mehmet Kani
Thomas Corwin
Kevin Godby
Patick Dickey
Sayantan Das
Hannie Dumoleyn
Mehmet Atun
Jeffrey Flaker
Michel Memeteau
Cliff Barnes
Sneha Gopinath

[2]
LTS only:
Make new shared document: author/editor one job
only important chapters/sections (Prologue, Learning More, and a few other chapters will hardly change)
bug fixing (this can be done between LTS versions)
post "What's new" on ML regularly (if you have found something new in a standard versions, please report it) LTS 14.04 2nd edition (this was suggested by Sylvie, and it is a good idea. Kevin is willing to publish a second edition and he can add a new branch to LP)