Re: My notes on current Ubuntu Installation

Hello Pravin,
You certainly have done your homework. Your notes are very useful. The actual rewriting of this chapter can be done already, because for these changes it is not necessary to install Xenial (Beta now) in a virtual machine.

In a separate email I will soon send instructions on how to get the .tex files on your pc so you can add text to them or make the necessary changes. As an example, I include part of installation.tex [1] file. I can help with the Latex code, so I added my name to this chapter as Reviewer.

After that, the changed .tex files can be uploaded to the Xenial branch (I will send instructions for that too). For this chapter, Installation, I also see Eric March's name on the sheet. He could start by reading your notes and add comment if necessary.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Regards,
Hannie

[1]
% Reviewed "Meeting Minimum Hardware Requirements" and revised accordingly - Mario B.

\begin{itemize}
  \item 1~GHz x86 processor (Pentium 4 or better)
  \item 1~\acronym{GB} of system memory (\acronym{RAM})
\item 5~\acronym{GB} of disk space (at least 15~\acronym{GB} is recommended)
  \item Video support capable of 1024×768 resolution
  \item Audio support
  \item An Internet connection (highly recommended, but not required)
\end{itemize}
\indexend{system requirements}