Re: Wake up call

Hi Hannie and All,

Although I am currently very busy, I might fine some time to work as an editor. Not sure I would have enough time for the screenshots as I did for the previous versions.

Something that would need to be adressed in the next version is the use of UEFI I know nothing about it but we see lots of installation problems with UEFI on the ubuntu-fr forum).

And now, to Kevin: I just realized that the French version of 16.04 UM hasn't been published yet although it was ready. Maybe you could publish, at least the pdf and why not the book on amazon?

  Best regards to all,

        - Sylvie

Hannie Dumoleyn a écrit :
Hello team,

Yes, it is time to wake up! The next LTS version, Bionic Beaver 18.04, will be published on April 26th. This will give us enough time to get our manual updated for this version of Ubuntu. Since Ubuntu has replaced Unity with gnome 3, there are some sections that need a complete overhaul.

I have just approved all pending members. There are 58 direct members of the "Ubuntu Manual Team" team, and 174 people are members in total, directly and indirectly through other team memberships. See [1]

I want to start making an inventory of team members  who want to contribute as an author/editor, see [2]. Please have a look at [3]. In this example, made for Xenial, you find an overview of all the chapters/sections that need an author/editor/reviewer. If you want to contribute, please let us know on this mailing list. If we have enough contributors to do the job, I will make a new spreadsheet for 18.04. If you have any questions, please contact us using this mailing list.

Hannie

Useful links:
[1] https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-manual
[2] http://ubuntu-manual.org/getinvolved