ubuntu-microblogging team mailing list archive

Re: Groups coming to identi.ca

Jorge O. Castro wrote:
> !ubuntu - This would be the equivalent of planet ubuntu. Do we want to
> have the same requirements as planet? I shouldn't think so, this seems
> like a more informal community we have, so maybe this should be more
> for ubuntu enthusiasts, like a facebook group more than a planet.

I would definitely keep this informal, like Facebook. You'll gain more
traction with the community this way. Going  formal will just fracture it.

> !ubuntudevelopers - let's stick core devs and motus in here, as well
> as members who are working on stuff so they could get the word out
> about projects. I think we should stick the track feeds we made for
> uds in here, so @udskernel and all those.

Now, with these groups, does this mean that if I "follow" the group,
I'll be able to post to it, or is there a separate mechanism for that? I
would like to follow the !ubuntudevelopers group, even if I can't
contribute to discussion.

> Any other namespaces you think we should set up? I debated having
> something like !uds to make a little stream but after thinking about
> it we would probably just use the 2 above and setup a lifestream to
> replace whoisi. Thoughts?

!ubuntu+1
!ubuntu-lts
!kubuntu
!xubuntu
!edubuntu

Pretty much following the IRC namespaces, at least the big ones at any
event.

--
 ,-O  Aaron Toponce
O   } Ubuntu Member