ubuntu-microblogging team mailing list archive

Re: Groups coming to identi.ca

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 09:25 -0700, Mike Basinger wrote:
> The avatar for !ubuntu looks terrible. I made this 96x96 avatar from
> the circle of friends svg, maybe it will work better.

Thanks, but there are no shortage of Ubuntu logos around. This is the
fourth I tried today, and it still looks awful. The site is just broken.
I'm not sure if it's just groups or whether the user logo has changed
to break in the same way as well.

Believe me, this is the best we're going to get for now, look at the
other groups, they all have really low-res logos as well. At least what
we have now is better than some of the other things you can make it do,
such as just put the word "ubuntu" such that it overlaps with other
text on the page, or have a non-image which takes several minutes to
"load" from the server. You can make it do all of those things just by
uploading a simple image.

I've spent at least 30 minutes on this today, and I'd rather not waste
any more time. We'll just have to live with a crappy looking logo until
the site is fixed.

Thanks,

James