ubuntu-moroccan-users team mailing list archive

Re: July, 1st meeting summary (English translation)

Bonjour Wassim,

J'ai fait quelques modifications, voici le résultat:

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

We have begun to discuss about the LoCo Team Validation. After reading the
page where the validation conditions are reported, we have concluded that at
the moment, we are still far from meeting all of these requirements. If we
want to validate our LoCo Team, we need to:

    * Have a dynamic IRC channel on the Freenode network. In our case, the
#ubuntu-ma channel is dead, firstly because not much people are using it,
secondly because the operator (Didinux) is hardly ever connected, Ha55an
will contact him to give the operator rights to some people amung us (from 2
to 3 people). We encourage people to participate in the IRC channel when
they can.

    * Have a dynamic mailing list. It's too early to have a real idea about
the mailing list activity because the first message has been only posted
during last week. All we can say is that we are on a good track. We still
encourage you to post messages in the mailing list for any question or
information. We have asked Ubuntu to host our mailing list using on their
server using mailman instead of the Launchpad one which hosts the actual ML.

    * Organise meetings and workshops. Neither meeting nor workshop were
organised by us. So, we have decided to organise an Install Party, I day
when you can bring your computer and we will install Ubuntu on it. It's
scheduled for the end of this year, with the Intrepid Ibex release, the next
Ubuntu version. The place choosen is Casablanca's Technopark. Possibly, this
event will be followed and/or preceded by workshops. Details will be
communicated soon after a members meeting is held specially to prepare this
event. Thanks to Ha55an who will burn and label CDs.

    * Have a dynamic wiki page. The actual wiki page content is poor, so I'm
updating it, I'm also including a non-exhaustive list of Moroccan Ubuntu
users. My goal is to take a census of 50 people.

Then, we have talked about the website content. For the wiki, we think that
creating a French and Spanish wiki and forums is useless because they
already exist and we aren't searching to do competition with any LoCo Team.
In the Arabic side, we are going to discuss with the Tunisian and Jordanian
LoCo teams to build an Arabic documentation together, the forums are also
concerned by this project.

Some people among us have dcided to create a podcast about Ubuntu and free
software. The discussion will be done thanks to the VoIP client Ekiga.
Anybody can participate. The participation is free, so you aren't obligated
to participate on all episodes. The first episode will be recorded in two or
three weeks. A Wordpress blog will be created specially for this podcast.