ubuntu-mu team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu 14.04.2 (Trusty Tahr)

Hello Anooj,

Good to hear from you :-)

I guess it was your nvidia? Then a quick "apt-get install nvidia-current"
would have solved it. If not, you could use the lspci command to find your
card details and add the required PPA, then finally install the correct
driver. The nomodeset loads the kernel with generic drivers.

If you had issues with the graphic card then moving to Gnome 3 isn't a
solution. You could have continued using Unity with the updated drivers :-)

Hey, but if you to write a tutorial about Graphic Drivers on Ubuntu, I'll
be happy to put it on Hacklog as a guest post.

Cheers,

Ish Sookun

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
*  |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*