ubuntu-mu team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu archive and releases mirror for Mauritius

Hi Chittesh,

On 24/08/2022 10:45, Chittesh Sham wrote:
> Thank You Ish for the work and @Cloud.mu for the server sponsorship.
> This is a big leap into promoting FOSS and Linux in Mauritius and
> African region as I think we are now the 2nd African country with an
> Ubuntu mirror (after Nigeria i think)

No, there are other Ubuntu mirrors in Africa, like in Madagascar,
Uganda, South Africa, etc.

However, we must admit that Mauritius was lagging behind and having a
mirror is the least that we should have done years ago. We are catching
up now, thanks to cloud.mu.

For the moment, we have Ubuntu archive and releases mirrors. I am
thinking whether we should also have a mirror for ubuntu-ports, at least
for arm64. Do you know people who are using Ubuntu on arm64?

Regards,

Ish Sookun