ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: review basic multiseat spec?

Hi guys!

Just a comment about deriving or not the seat id from [Seat:Foo] header. I
still really appreciate if I can have an option for this. For example, if I
set "xdg-seat=auto" (no problem here since "auto" is not a valid seat id
anyway) or something similar, then derive seat id from section header. I
have two alternatives for this:

- [Seat:Foo] should expand to seat id "seatFoo", provided that lightdm.conf
can accept section headers like [Seat:-Foo], because some autoseat devices
(like Plugable ones) receive an automatic seat id of kind "seat-XXXX",
where XXXX is calculated by udev.

- [Seat:Foo] should expand to seat id "seat-Foo". In this case, [Seat:0]
would expand to a secondary seat named seat-0, which is different from
primary seat seat0. In this case, we should have a special section [Seat0]
or similar for seat0 settings.