ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

New experimental patch for xorg-server

Hello guys!

I'm uploading a new preview update for xorg-server in
ppa:lbssousa/multiseat. It contains an experimental patch that prevents
non-seat0 X servers from touching VTs. It can be bery useful to avoid any
race condition bewteen seat0 and non-seat0 X servers, which may lead to
inactive systemd-logind sessions for seat0. It also can make all that
DontVTSwitch/ShareVTs stuff pointless.

Please consider trying this update when it's available in Launchpad and
provide your feedback. If no major problems found, I'll update xorg-server
with this patch in our Multiseat PPA, too.

Best regards!

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT

Laércio