ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Trusty gdm/lightdm multiseat inconsistencies

Having exhausted other possibilities, I'm testing multiseat with
Ubuntu 14.04's lightdm using one DisplayLink adapter (two later).

With GDM from the Ubuntu multiseat repo, we see 'sharevts' added to
the second X server:
/usr/bin/X :0 -background none -verbose -auth
/var/run/gdm/auth-for-gdm-eqajeQ/database -seat seat0 -nolisten tcp
vt7
/usr/bin/X :1 -background none -verbose -auth
/var/run/gdm/auth-for-gdm-v2WUO6/database -seat seat1 -nolisten tcp
-config /run/systemd/multi-session-x/seat1 -sharevts

With lightdm from the trusty repos, we see 'novtswitch' added to the
first X server:
/usr/bin/X -core :0 -seat seat0 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:0
-nolisten tcp vt7 -novtswitch
/usr/bin/X -core :1 -seat seat1 -auth /var/run/lightdm/root/:1 -nolisten tcp

This seems inconsistent in multiple ways; the correct approach is for
non-primary X servers to have both 'sharevts' and 'novtswitch', yes?

Daniel
--
Daniel J Blueman

Follow ups