ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Automatic multiseat support for LightDM on the way

Hi guys!

As you may already know, I've started writing some code to implement
automatic multiseat support in LightDM [1], largely based on GDM
implementation of the feature. After several tries, I've got this state,
which is a little bit well written, but still incomplete.

I'll really like your feedback about this branch. At the moment, I can list
the following issues:

* We need to implement properly the functions add_login1_seat() and
remove_login1_seat() declared in lightdm.c.

* When loading initial seat list from logind (by calling
login1_sync_seats()), we always get at least seat0, which may conflict with
LightDM property "start-default-seat", so we may end up with two seat0
seats registered in LightDM (one triggered by start-default-seat, and
another triggered by login1_sync_seats()). Which is the preferred way to
prevent this conflict?

* Some login1-related code was introduced, and login1.h was #included, in
lightdm.c itself. Is this OK? Should this code be moved elsewhere?

* Currently, callback functions for logind signals SeatNew() and
SeatRemoved() should be implemented outside login1.c. Do you agree?

Feel free to push to that branch and/or proposing for merging into
lp:lightdm as you will.

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/automatic-multiseat

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT