ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

New lightdm packages with automatic multiseat support

Hi guys!

I've just uploaded some lightdm packages for trusty with automatic
multiseat patch. They are initially available at a separate PPA named

ppa:ubuntu-multiseat/bug1190581

but I'll move them to our main PPA as soon as I get any feedback from you
or any review for our merge proposal.

After updating lightdm from "bug1190581 PPA", be sure to remove any
previous manual seat configuration in lightdm.conf. If you really need to
make some seat-specific configuration (e.g. set a different autologin-user
or xserver-command for each seat), use the new [AutoSeat:*] config section
introduced in the patch.

For example, when a new seat is added by logind, with seat ID "seatFoo",
LightDM will load settings from config section [AutoSeat:Foo] (the seat ID
without the "seat" prefix).

If you have hot-pluggable seat master devices (like Plugable docking
stations), try unplugging and replugging them and see if LightDM removes
and adds seats correctly.

Kind regards,

CANTATE DOMINO CANTICUM NOVUM
QUIA MIRABILIA FECIT