ubuntu-multiseat team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/fix-get-vt-non-seat0 into lp:lightdm

> seat_get_name always returns a non NULL string so you don't need to check for
> that or do a strcmp0 (strcmp is fine).

Done in revision 2021.

> Is the main problem this is fixing is that we don't try and use the plymouth
> VT for seats other than seat0?

Basically yes. In my local tests, if LightDM loads a non-seat0 seat before a seat0 one, it may try to allocate e.g. VT7 for the non-seat0 one --- which will be completely useless with Xorg-server 1.16 --- and VT8 for the seat0 one. It may lead to little crashes that required me to restart lightdm service.

Even with Xorg-server versions older than 1.16, LightDM should not allocate VTs for non-seat0 seats (instead, it should append "-sharevts" to their "xserver-command" values, or set systemd-multi-seat-x as their default "xserver-command" value).
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/fix-get-vt-non-seat0/+merge/230972
Your team Ubuntu Multiseat is subscribed to branch lp:~ubuntu-multiseat/lightdm/fix-get-vt-non-seat0.